Questions Frequently Asked About Heating and Cooling Systems
How do I make sense of the jargon?
- Split system: an A/C unit made up of two separate parts (1 indoor and 1 outdoor)
- Condenser: the unit that sits outside
- Multi head: multiple indoor units (has one outdoor unit)
- Floor console: indoor unit mounted on wall at low level
- High wall split: indoor unit mounted on wall at high level
- Bulk head: indoor unit concealed in a bulkhead
- Ceiling cassette: indoor unit mounted on ceiling
- Ducted system: indoor unit connected to flexible ducting
- Kilowatts (Kw): metric measurement of capacity
- Horsepower & Btu: old measurement of capacity (imperial)
- Amps: electrical power consumption
- 410 A: ozone friendly refrigerant
- R22: ozone depleting refrigerant
- Inverter: new technology: it uses a variable speed compressor for high efficiency
- Fixed speed: a single speed compressor
- Heat load: the amount of energy within a room (heat or cold)
- Orientation: the direction a building faces on site. This effects heat load.
- Ambient: air temperature (operating range)
- Fan coil: the indoor unit on ducted system
- Diffusers/Registers: are the air outlets on ducted systems
- Return air grille: the air inlet to an air conditioner
- B.T.O.: a branch in ducting
- Zoning: the ability to turn on and off different areas
- Zone Motor Damper: is an in-line motorised valve allowing ducting to different areas to be turned on and off (ducted system)
Get the right solution ...
Call Climatic today on 5223 2988 to arrange your free site inspection
and get your copy of our informative FREE REPORT.