Do I need to insist on an Electrical Compliance Certificate?

An Office of Electrical Safety Certificate must be supplied when work is carried out by a qualified electrician.

Like the Plumbing Compliance Certificate, this is your electrical insurance policy.

Some less professional installers may be tempted to undertake small electrical jobs themselves. Not only is this dangerous, it puts you and your family as significant risk.

The short answer . . . insist that your electrical work is completed by a qualified electrical contractor.